Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kohen 19/20 months

So its been a while since I have had an update on Kohen. He is learning new words every day and amazes me how he can put things together in his little brain. Such as, papa's truck, or dada hat....how do kids get that?! I love watching him grow and learn. Kohen is now in 2T pants and 3T shirts and growing like a weed. He eats amazingly (I have never had any complaints with his eating) he will eat just about anything you put in front of him, unless he isn't feeling well.
Kohen is a very active boy and loves being where ever I am....a little annoying at times but he loves helping me do laundry, clean-up and putting dishes (his plastic ones) away. Cant really complain, right? Kohen doesn't watch too much TV...probably b/c I don't have it on during the day, but if Im making dinner I will put on BOZ -colors and shapes and he will watch it for about 10 sec at a time. Im hoping that he will watch more learning DVDs by the time the baby comes but if he doesn't thats fine too.
We are teaching him 'come here' and cleaning up our toys before we go down for our naps or nigh, night. I am also teaching him his colors-which he has learned green and blue and can also count to 2. I know big whoop, but I still think its pretty cool. Kohen knows his please and thank yous and he very happy to say both...for now!
Kohen is going through a phase where he really doesn't want to be bother by other kids. If he goes to them then thats fine, but if they come to him hes not real sure about it. My friends all tell me that there kids did the same thing at about this age so Im not worried. We went over to a friends house for dinner and Kohen and there little girl played so well. Jordan and I both thought it was b/c this little girl was quite like Kohen and not all up in his face. They played for over 2 hours. It was so fun to watch.
Kohen sleep the past few weeks was a little distrupted but we are doing fine now. I tried to bring him down to one nap and that didn't go over well. He started waking in the middle of the night and only taking a 1 hour 1/2 nap. So we are now at 2 naps again and he is doing great.

Heres Kohen schedule-
7-wake
breakfast, bath, doing chores with mom
9:00-nap
10:30-wake
11:00-lunch
earns, walk outside, play with dogs, learning activity
1:30-nap
3:30-wake
Independent play in room or family room
5:30-dinner
one on one time with dad
7:00-lights out

for a two week period this last month kohen was going down at 7:30 and waking early b/c he was over tired. I figured out the problem and his sleeping the past week has been amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment