Monday, May 31, 2010

12 month update

Kohen will be a year on Saturday. When I had Kohen all these people at church would say, "cherish these times, it goes by so fast." How true those words were and are. To imagine my life without Kohen in it....I just can't do it. I feel like he has been a part of me forever. I love him in every way possible. He makes me laugh everyday! I honestly can't wait to have more.

Weaning-we will be starting the weaning process next week. Im going to cut out his 3 o'clock feeding for a week and then do his 11 o'clock, then his morning and then his night. This is my plan of attack, it may take a while but I know hes ready.

Eating-Kohen eats all solid food. He eats pretty much anything and everything and a lot of it. He is not picky in any way!

Talking-Here are a few words that Kohen says- Pa Pa, Ma Ma, Da Da, dog, pat, Uh-Oh, Hi, Whats that...oh and woof, woof, woof

Walking/crawling-Major milestone this last week with Kohen. He took three steps by himself and is really wanting to walk but just isn't quite there. He crawls everywhere though.

No- Kohen is very good with 'No." I say it and if he continues doing it then I squeeze his hand, and if he still continues to do it then I slap his hand. He is very good and normally stops with the squeezing.

Sleeping-Kohen has had a few issues these past few weeks-between ear infections, colds, teething, etc. He still takes two naps with the occasional third nap in the car.

Milk- Kohen has been taking breast milk mixed with cows milk for about a week and is doing great. By Saturday I'm hoping that he will be totally on cows milk and I can stop with the breast milk (which will be a SLOW process for me)

Kohen schedule at 12 months-

7:30-wake
fruit, cheerios, milk
independent play
9-nap
11-wake- ham, cheese, crackers, milk
time with mom
1-nap
3/3:30-wake-goldfish
5:30-dinner
time with dad
7-milk,story in bed by 7:30

This is my last posting of Kohen in the baby stage. Sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment